At My Community Directory, we aim to ensure all the information that we provide has value to the community. To do this, it is important that we maintain high-quality listings on our site.
But what does it mean to have a high-quality listing?
A high-quality listing is a listing that contains enough correct, detailed information to help the community understand what the service is, how it can help them, and how they can connect.
High-quality listings generally contain the following:
- A well-written summary that highlights what you do
- A well-written detailed description that contains comprehensive information about your organisation and your services
- A logo for your organisation
- Links to your website and social media pages
- Correct email addresses and contact numbers
- A full address that can be located in Google Maps
- Tags about your key services to help your listing get found (read more about why you should add tags to your listing here)
We understand that there can be a lot of variation between the types of organisations, groups and services listed on the site. Some may not have websites or logos available, and others may not be able to provide certain information.
However, it is important to include as much information as you can. Listings that only provide the minimum amount of information do not get as community engagement as those that do for two main reasons:
- The listings do not come up in searches as often
- The community are not able to identify from the listing whether it is what they need
As a general rule, more relevant information included in the listing, the better.
It is important to regularly check and update your listing to make sure that the information is correct. Because the better the listings, the better we are able to meet the needs of the local community.
If you have any questions, you can call our support desk on 1300 762 515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.